Re: Newbie question about db normalization theory: redundant keys OK?

From: Brian Selzer <>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 19:37:41 GMT

"Bob Badour" <> wrote in message news:4763db6c$0$5291$
> David Portas wrote:
>> "Brian Selzer" <> wrote in message
>>>Forgive me for butting in, David, but where did you come up with the idea
>>>that it is a distributed database? What have disconnected
>>>applications--that is, applications that use something akin to
>>>disconnected ADO recordsets or ADO.NET datasets--to do with distributed
> Managing data on a server... and managing data on a client... um, and the
> idiot is too stupid to see what that has to do with distributed data
> management?!? Yikes!
> Just because the idiot chose a piss-poor way to manage data at one node in
> the system doesn't change the fundamental nature of what's going on.
> David, I don't know why you bother with self-aggrandizing ignorants like
> Selzer.

I believe that with this post you have proven yourself to be ignorant. You appear to not have a clue about how relational data is used in applications, nor does it appear that you can distinguish between a distributed database and an application. Perhaps you should consider keeping your mouth closed, unless, of course, you enjoy the taste of your feet.