Re: Access as a RDBMS--why the multiple relationships?

From: raylopez99 <raylopez99_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 07:48:01 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 14, 12:59 pm, raylopez99 <raylope..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:

Thanks to all that replied and esp David Cressey, as I figured it out: the relationship diagram in Microsoft Access is a query as well as graphical data modeling aid. Further, it automatically sets the foreign key constraints (if you check the right checkboxes) behind the scenes, so you don't have to soil your hands with a SQL statement (which I've done, that is build a table and set up constraints between tables using just text commands and statements, but it's not something I like doing, though if you're good at it I understand your reluctance to trust a GUI).

And I should point out that Louis Davidson's book is not so bad for a rank beginner in that it does have a chapter (I had overlooked) on 1NF, 2NF, 3NF and BCNF.

RL Received on Sat Dec 15 2007 - 16:48:01 CET

Original text of this message