Re: Newbie question about db normalization theory: redundant keys OK?

From: Tony Rogerson <tonyrogerson_at_torver.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 21:40:10 -0000

> Agreed; this was a skeleton table to demonstrate to the OP that tables
> can have redundant or even overlapping keys to preserve data

Perhaps next time you won't be so dam condecending to the newbies posting problems when they post a 'skeleton table' to 'demonstrate' the problem.

> integrity. Tony just gets easily side tracked and I am afraid I tend
> to fall for it myself. Sorry for the thread drift ..

No thread drift - and you still haven't answered the questions; yet again instead of answering the actual question I posed you wonder off with insults or digress into completely unrelated woffle.

--
Tony Rogerson, SQL Server MVP
http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/tonyrogerson