Re: Newbie question about db normalization theory: redundant keys OK?

From: raylopez99 <raylopez99_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:34:30 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 14, 9:10 am, "Knowledgy" <knowle..._at_knowledgy.org> wrote:

> I would suggest to always create normalized data models, then build the
> database, test and denormalize where performance is an issue
>
> --
> Sincerely,
> John K
> Knowledgy Consulting, LLCwww.knowledgy.org
> Atlanta's Business Intelligence and Knowledge Management Experts

That's deep John K (and a bit over my head, though I do see your point kind of, since not having redundancy is akin in my mind with a distributed data hard drive seek process over a network where your application times out and get a memory page fault because the distributed data took too long to be found and collected by the microprocessor) and I appreciate your knowledge. I also admire anybody who uses their real name! LOL, better you than me...

RL Received on Fri Dec 14 2007 - 20:34:30 CET

Original text of this message