Re: Newbie question about db normalization theory: redundant keys OK?

From: Tony Rogerson <tonyrogerson_at_torver.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 18:55:36 -0000

"David Portas" <REMOVE_BEFORE_REPLYING_dportas_at_acm.org> wrote in message news:1065f96a-1f8e-4fc7-b1cc-53137ebd8b8f_at_s8g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

> You are saying that this is a distributed database but that it lacks a
> mechanism for accurately propagating changes out to all its nodes?

Nope - it's a normal database you have simply done a query against the database - the result of SELECT and then return to the database to validate your data against it - think about it; your insurance company posts you a claim form and you then send it back in - you need to validate what's on the form (our equiv of time table) against the database.

Also, please can you show me how you would simply put history in the table with celko's example.

--
Tony Rogerson, SQL Server MVP
http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/tonyrogerson