Re: OT editors

From: Roy Hann <specially_at_processed.almost.meat>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 16:27:26 -0000

"Frank Hamersley" <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com> wrote in message news:8TQ6j.21926$CN4.5277_at_news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Roy Hann wrote:
>> Indisputably the best editor ever was called EDIT/1000 and it ran on HP's
>> old HP1000 minicomputers back when molluscs were new.
>
> Never used Brief?

Yes, and in fact I mentioned it in my first steam-of-consciousness draft of my posting, then deleted it before I hit "send". Brief was the first editor for DOS that I thought was worth a sh*t, circa the early 90s. It was about the only really pleasing tool in the whole hateful MS environment of the day. (I bet if I dig deep I've still got the diskettes in a box somewhere.)

Roy Received on Sun Dec 09 2007 - 17:27:26 CET

Original text of this message