Re: Another view on analysis and ER

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_ooyah.ac>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 02:42:11 GMT

Bob Badour wrote:
> If one wants this feature, all one has to do is declare a bunch of views.

Good one, even if it doesn't handle domain value reps, AFAIK. Now how about helping me out with Morrey A's latest?

Even being an athiest, all I can think of so far is "Good God!". I can barely read French so English is the only tongue I can attempt glibness in. I had a feeling my couple of short examples might explode into mysticism, just my own fault I guess.

Actually, I see there is evidence hereabouts that Dikjstra was only partly right, it depends on the language. Personally, I think French would be a better language for db's to use, more precise as the longer length of any English to French and vice-versa translation will show. No offence, but English assumes more intelligence than precision in its audience, eg., in English we might say John is thirty-three whereas in French that couldn't happen, we'd say Jean a vingt-treize ans. Received on Sat Dec 08 2007 - 03:42:11 CET

Original text of this message