Re: indexes vs sorted files in range and equality search

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_ooyah.ac>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 16:21:18 GMT

xareon_at_gmail.com wrote:
> is my analisys basically cannot-deny-that-so-oh-my-god-accomplished-
> correct? :)

For those conclusions, it depends on the data, I'd say you need more assumptions, eg., whether the result sets are singletons, whether joins are not involved, whether some columns are very few-valued, also maybe why a zero-time hash is possible for the data. Might be better to try to characterize the cost for each returned "record", then it might be clearer what the total cost of the query is. Received on Thu Dec 06 2007 - 17:21:18 CET

Original text of this message