Re: Help with Ms-Access

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 21:24:14 -0400

Jeffrey Davis wrote:

> On Dec 3, 11:23 am, Bob Badour <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>

>>Jeffrey Davis wrote:

>>>It's a kind of automated form in access that carries command buttons
>>>that open/run specified database objects.

>>>only 1

>>>in theory, unlimited, although only one per farm

>>>in theory, unlimited

>>>just one
>>
>>>Thanks for your suggestion. I'll repost there.
>>
>>>JD
>>
>>Given that a farm can have only one coop member and only one package, it
>>follows naturally that farm will reference coop member and package directly
>
> So then you only need one table to cover both bits of data?

I don't think I said that, and I am not entirely certain I understand what you are saying.

> Maybe a farm table with the coop member and package as part of the
> overall record?
>
> So then you'd have
>
> the farm table set out something like
>

> FarmID
> CoopMember <--- data from CoopMember table
> Package <--- data from Packages table
> FarmAddress
> etc ...

That depends on what you mean by "data from". If you mean a foreign key reference, then yes, that's exactly what I meant.

> And then a CoopMember table
>
> MemberID
> other member data etc ...
>
> And a Package Table
>
> PackageID
> other package data etc ...
>
> Does that sound right?

Probably. Doing design by usenet is foolish.

Do you understand what a primary key (or candidate key) versus a foreign key is? Received on Mon Dec 03 2007 - 02:24:14 CET

Original text of this message