Help with Ms-Access

From: Jeffrey Davis <jpm1121_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 15:01:22 -0800 (PST)

I'm hoping that someone here can give me some assistance with a database I'm trying to set up. My skills in Access are fairly basic, and I'm trying to skill up, but some of the stuff is a little opaque.

I'm trying to put some data I've got on paper into Access. Recently, I got together with some other people marketing organic produce and offered to do some marketing for us on a coop basis in the city.

The idea I had was to have four marketing packages for coop members with different rates and services. For want of something better lets call them P1, P2, P3 & P4

I'm thinking I'll need a table with the packages, and one listing the coop members with their details. In theory, a coop member might acquire another farm (either a new one or one from someone bailing out) and put it on a separate package.

Which tables would have to have a relationship?

I'm thinking the packages table containing the dat about each package would have to be related via a common field to the coop member table, and there would probably have to be a link between that and the farm table, through common fields -- maybe a unique ID in the coop member table could appear in the farm table and maybe the primary key from the package table could also appear in the farm table as a foreign key. But am I right?

I'd also like to create a form that would list an individual coop member's details plus any packages they own and assume that all I'd need to do would be to ensure that there was a specified report for the form to call. Is that right? Is 'switchboard manager' the way to go here?

I'd also like to create a macro to automatically open the database. I've had a bit of a look through Access and maybe I've missed it, but could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance ...

JD Received on Mon Dec 03 2007 - 00:01:22 CET

Original text of this message