Re: One-To-One Relationships

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 05:21:20 -0800 (PST)

On 1 déc, 20:26, JOG <j..._at_cs.nott.ac.uk> wrote:

> > > This is a contradiction to your previous statement. A relationship can
> > > not be identifiable if it has no identity. Its an oxymoron.
>
> > Huhh...Isn't a name a way to identify an entity?
> > [Snipped rest because I agree with most part]
>
> A name is an attribute, just like any other attribute.
And does not a name is the best attribute to distinguish an entity from another entity ? Is it mandatory in ER to suppose that no attribute should have the role of distinguishing the entity? Does E/R modeling prevent the integration of metadata as being a part of entity definition ? I am asking because I am not familiar with rules of E/R modeling... Received on Sun Dec 02 2007 - 14:21:20 CET

Original text of this message