Re: One-To-One Relationships

From: Jan Hidders <>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 03:43:03 -0800 (PST)

On 2 dec, 05:37, "V.J. Kumar" <> wrote:
> Jan Hidders <> wrote
> > Ah, yes, and as we all know, if two concepts have overlap then they
> > are actually the same. *sigh* The distinction between entities /
> > relationships, domain objects / predicates is pretty well-established
> > in linguistics, philosophy and logic. First-order logic, you may have
> > heard of it, separates them even strictly.
> Is that so ? What is 'entity' and 'domain object' in the first order logic
> ?

In FOL a domain object is an object in the domain. An element of the domain of discourse, if you prefer that terminology.

> Care to provide a definition and a reference to reputable source of such
> definition?

Almost any introductory text on FOL will do. You already know what I'm talking about and are just picking a fight to show off your knowledge of logic. So do your own homework.

  • Jan Hidders