Re: the two questions

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_ooyah.ac>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 01:51:24 GMT

Brian Selzer wrote:
> Call me dense. I fail to see the point--other than to deliver a poorly
> veiled series of insults, directed not only at me but at anyone who
> interacts with me. I thought that Bob was the resident insulter on CDT.
> Has Paul now taken his place?

Insults? Nobody called you an ass and most people here don't try to twist an argument by going personal, actually most of them don't seem to be here to win in that sense. Here's some free advice: You won't get far if you call somebody an ass and expect them to agree with you! Some of my cockamamie ideas get called stupid all the time, so what? It makes me think a little more while I bide my time for a few months and cross my fingers that nobody remembers the last time I brought it up and may have a fresh response that for whatever reason wasn't possible before. Could be lots of reasons - I might have put the thought badly or it was rejected years ago by the audience or I might just be imagining things or my lingo may be too crude for their taste or, much less likely I'll admit, maybe they're all wrong and I'm right. I've been sitting on a few questions for a couple of years because I still haven't figured out how to put them. Bit by bit, things get clearer which I'll take any day over just winning arguments. No matter what you might think about entities, the bruises you'll get here aren't real!

At any rate, I'm not in Bob B's class, nor that of most regulars, if this is so important, why don't you go after the big fries?

Since I've already been judged guilty of slinging, tinkerty tonk to you too, just the way Bertie Wooster meant it! Received on Fri Nov 30 2007 - 02:51:24 CET

Original text of this message