Re: atomic

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_ooyah.ac>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 02:22:31 GMT

Bob Badour wrote:

> paul c wrote:
>

>> David Cressey wrote:
>>
>>> Also, how does the example you gave us differ from:

>>> Lastly, I regard tomato suace and cheese as an essential part of the
>>> pizza,
>>> and not a "topping" as such. I realize that this is quite
>>> subjective. But
>>> I claim that, if you order a pizza with no toppings from Domino's, that
>>> this is what you will get: crust, tomato sauce, and cheese.
>>>

>> Thanks Roy H, Bob B and David C for the reasonable criticisms of my
>> clumsy question. At the moment, I can think only of a reply for this
>> one. Whatever one thinks of the Domino's chain, David C is right
>> about the tomato paste even though I always order pizza with tomato
>> which in civilized places means additional tomato slices on top. I
>> feel qualified to say this having grown up in a places where every
>> fourth back yard had tomato plants and from the late 1950's pizzerias
>> were more common than hamburger drive-ins in the USA. Today I live in
>> a place which is quite uncivilized as far as Italian food culture goes
>> but there is some competition among Asian eateries, which I enjoy.
>> So-called pizza without tomato sauce is quite common here, sometimes
>> the thing is more than an inch thick, every time I've mistakenly
>> ordered it, I gagged.
>
> I know an Italian, from Italy, who likes his pizza with a little olive
> oil, some seafood, maybe some garlic and other herbs. No cheese, no tomato.

In a good joint (IMO) as soon as you sit down, before you even order there will be bread on the table, maybe even from several kinds of bread dough and little saucers of oil. There is olive oil and there is olive oil. I used to be able to tell from the oil whether I would order from the menu or just get drunk on the house wine. Received on Sun Nov 04 2007 - 03:22:31 CET

Original text of this message