Re: atomic

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 00:32:53 -0000

On Nov 2, 3:05 pm, "David Cressey" <cresse..._at_verizon.net> wrote:
> "dawn" <dawnwolth..._at_gmail.com> wrote in message

> can
> age.
> it's my

> > > I'm still looking for an example of a predicate that uses RVA's where an
> > > empty RVA in a tuple makes sense.
>
> > I suspect that makes sense to me might not to you ;-) but I'll toss
> > out an optional list of keywords in a predicate as a possible empty
> > RVA in a tuple. Another example is OtherLastNames, FormerLastNames or
> > AliasLastNames. One row in the tuple might include only a "maiden
> > name" for a person, another might have two other last names used by
> > this person (other than the value of LastName in this row) and a third
> > might be the empty set. HTH --dawn
>
> AHA! I knew that mentioning pizza toppings would cause you to uncloak!- Hide quoted text -

I guess I could smell it from several newsgroups away, David, 'cause I love pizza (discussions), especially those with the cheese on the bottom like they make in Chicago, and then there are those colorful cars that also tickle my fancy.

I'll go back now to designing keyword attributes and other weak properties as multivalues, modeling data in Non-First-Normal Form (given that First Normal Form refers to the form formerly known as 1NF). cheers!. --dawn Received on Sun Nov 04 2007 - 01:32:53 CET

Original text of this message