One-To-One Relationships

From: Phil Reynolds <philr2354_at_msn.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 00:53:33 -0500

One thing that's not clear to me is when it's appropriate to create a one-to-one relationship. I mean, in some cases it's obvious, if there's a set of data that wouldn't always apply; then you'd want to create that set of fields in a separate table with a one-to-one relationship. But in what other cases? After the number of fields in a table is greater than X?

I'm just curious about what thoughts/theories/ideas people have about one-to-one relationships, because that's something that's never been entirely clear to me.

Thank you. Received on Tue Oct 30 2007 - 06:53:33 CET

Original text of this message