Re: Is it Possible to Enforce This Relationship at the DB Level?

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 13:45:38 -0700

On 19 oct, 19:21, dutone <dut..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> > > Huh, who said anything about presentation? I'm trying to construct an
> > > appropriate data model based on a set of business rules.
> > > Thanks for the advice....
>
> > "client", "spreadsheet", "cells", etc. all sound like user interface
> > or
> > presentation concepts. Difficult to tell without working definitions
> > for these entities that you have identified, though.
>
> Yes, words can imply a specific idea to someone at first; context,
> context, context.
>
> In my case, spreadsheets are what drives the whole process and must be
> decomposed before additional processes can take place.
> The associated tables the represent configuration information each
> client's service has.

Ok let me get this straight...you are basically saying to people here that you want to design a system which purpose would be building a data store where propositions would be presentation elements and then your pretend that it has nothing to do with a confusion between presentation and data layer.

Is it me or is this a joke. Received on Sun Oct 21 2007 - 22:45:38 CEST

Original text of this message