New to the job

From: <nujcharee_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 19:17:22 -0700

I just got a new job (woohoo). First challegne I face is to build a data model and a data dictionary of all the systems existing in the organisation. I have a number of constraints to acheive this because of the following

  1. Nobody knows the full picture of how many systems we have in the organisation. I think IT dept probably are aware of 90% systems used in the orgnisation
  2. We have accessed to the databases as they are hosted in house but there wasnt knowledge transfer so staff do not know about underlying database

The organisation has 4000 employees, this is my 2nd week at work and I want to impress my boss so much and obviously want to pass probation but I am struggle. My initial idea is that try to find the master database but I think it depends on the context and master database can vary when context changes.

Help me please, what would u do if you were me?

Thanx
Peppe Received on Sat Oct 13 2007 - 21:17:22 CDT