Re: separation of church and state?

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 11:21:57 -0300

David Cressey wrote:

> "Roy Hann" <specially_at_processed.almost.meat> wrote in message
>

>>"paul c" <toledobythesea_at_ooyah.ac> wrote in message
>>
>>>It seems a little doctrinaire to me.  I can agree that the "result isn't

>>>relation" but on the other hand a user could see such a result without
>>>knowing that "ORDER BY" was involved and not be faulted for taking it to
>>>be a relation.
>>
>>What user ever would?  Users never see relations. They see various kinds

> of
>
>>reports (using the word "report" to mean anything users get to see).

> That depends on what you mean by the word "user". Is the user of a table or
> a view a "user"?

One can use a relation without seeing it. For example, if one creates a new relation as a join of two relations, one uses all three relations without ever seeing any of them.

One doesn't see anything until one requests some sort of visible output. The visible output is called a report above. Received on Mon Oct 08 2007 - 16:21:57 CEST

Original text of this message