Re: XML storing and management

From: JOG <jog_at_cs.nott.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 17:39:51 -0700

On Sep 28, 1:31 am, "V.J. Kumar" <vjkm..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Jan Hidders <hidd..._at_gmail.com> wrote innews:1190926317.715110.61110_at_g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

> >> There is an essay written [by Codd] called "A Relational Model of
> >> Data for Large Shared Data Banks". "Sapienti sat !" as they say in
> >> Sanskrit.
>
> > They do? Tha'ts funny. We say that in Latin. :-)
>
> Yeah, Latin is just a Hindi-European dialect Sanskrit simplified for
> Europeans' use as Sir William Jones discovered to his utter amazement
> more than 200 hundred years ago ;)

According to wikipedia, Sir William Jones believed that Sanskrit and Latin had a common ancestor, not that one was derived from the other.

I guess it depends on how valid you deem the source. But then I also like to believe wikipedia was written by one jolly person, without much of a life, but an unending supply of donuts. Its like a safety blanket for me. Received on Thu Sep 27 2007 - 19:39:51 CDT