Re: XML storing and management

From: V.J. Kumar <vjkmail_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 19:33:33 +0200 (CEST)

Jan Hidders <hidders_at_gmail.com> wrote in news:1190911498.923039.151330@ 19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com:

> On 27 sep, 16:27, Bob Badour <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>> Jan Hidders wrote:
>> > On 27 sep, 02:19, JOG <j..._at_cs.nott.ac.uk> wrote: ....
> -- Jan Hidders

I find XML versus the relational model ball-crushingly boring. The only interesting and puzzling thing about such discussions is that seemingly smart people try to find some merit in the XML monstrosity, perhaps the greatest calamity that has ever befallen data management technology !.

There is an essay written called "A Relational Model of Data for Large Shared Data Banks". "Sapienti sat !" as they say in Sanskrit. Received on Thu Sep 27 2007 - 12:33:33 CDT