Re: XML storing and management

From: Marshall <>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:17:07 -0000

On Sep 26, 6:53 am, JOG <> wrote:
> On Sep 26, 1:16 pm, karsoods53 <> wrote:
> > I get XML feeds as input and have to store this data on our server. I
> > have worked with databases but new to XML. Can someone tell me how I
> > can store and manage this data?
> This isn't really the right place for this sort of question - XML is
> somewhat of an anathema to a database theory group.
> Assuming that you have no choice however, when I have been forced to
> deal with XML storage directly I have found Oracle tools to be
> adequate..

Ooooh! An actual thread! It's been so quiet around here.

Hey, we haven't had an actual XML bashing thread in a while; can we do that now? I'll start. Instead of trotting out my old favorites, I have a new one I heard the other day.

"The programmer has a problem. His software needs a configuration file. So he uses XML. Now the programmer has two problems."

Marshall Received on Wed Sep 26 2007 - 17:17:07 CEST

Original text of this message