Re: Advanced SQL

From: David Cressey <cressey73_at_verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 13:51:35 GMT

"LuchoLaf" <lucholaf_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1189080047.752454.179360_at_57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com...
> Hi, I been working with SQL for a while and think I can handle with
> most of it. Now I want to learn advanced topics like pivoting, views,
> etc. Is there any good resource or books about advanced SQL? Most
> resources I found in the web are too basic.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Luis

If you have a copy of "Oracle:the Complete Reference" you will find a section called, "Turning a Table on its side". This demonstrates the basics of pivoting.

I hardly think of views as an "advanced topic". But you're entitled to your opinion.

There are two webistes I can recommend:

http://www.utexas.edu/its-archive/windows/database/datamodeling/dm/overview.html

For an overview to data modeling and database design.

and

http://www.databaseanswers.org/

For about 200 free database designs, covering many common problems. You will want to revise the design to suit your own requirements. Received on Thu Sep 06 2007 - 15:51:35 CEST

Original text of this message