Re: Advanced SQL

From: David Cressey <>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 13:51:35 GMT

"LuchoLaf" <> wrote in message
> Hi, I been working with SQL for a while and think I can handle with
> most of it. Now I want to learn advanced topics like pivoting, views,
> etc. Is there any good resource or books about advanced SQL? Most
> resources I found in the web are too basic.
> Thanks,
> Luis
If you have a copy of "Oracle:the Complete Reference" you will find a section called, "Turning a Table on its side". This demonstrates the basics of pivoting.

I hardly think of views as an "advanced topic". But you're entitled to your opinion.

There are two webistes I can recommend:

For an overview to data modeling and database design.

For about 200 free database designs, covering many common problems. You will want to revise the design to suit your own requirements. Received on Thu Sep 06 2007 - 15:51:35 CEST

Original text of this message