Re: normalization review

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 02:28:14 -0300

landonkelsey wrote:

> Did you read the original post where the composite primary key is defined?

Once, but I forgot it.

> Having one phone have a number of lines has no impact on the normalization
> violation.
>
> The location column does not depend on the ENTIRE primary key!

Did you read where I observed that *any* phone can make and receive calls on any line? The location of the phone would depend on both the phone number for the line and the time. At a different time, someone at a different location could make or receive calls on the same number.