Re: NULLs: theoretical problems?

From: V.J. Kumar <vjkmail_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 20:57:30 -0700

Jon Heggland wrote:

> . You still have
> the excluded middle problem that V. J. Kumar complains about.

No longer, it appears, there is a problem because Jan modified his definitions ! In the updated version, def(x) :(x or not x ) is now true for undefined x ! Likewise, def(x) : (x or true) is also true for undefined x, so your surmise about the two SQL statements being different may be totallly off mark !

It quite possible I misunderstood Jan's 'def(x) :true'. Who knows ? He may still be willing to present a coherent account of his DEF logic instead of feeding me with his punchy and petulant one-liners.