Re: Weak entity types

From: Jan Hidders <hidders_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 06:32:34 -0000

On 14 aug, 20:00, beginner16 <kaja_love..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> And that is what is confusing me the most --> we can make real world
> objects ( which we could consider weak ) strong by just adding some
> attribute and making that attribute primary key.

You could, but then you would be no longer just modeling, but implementing. The conceptual model is supposed to model the view of the user(s) of the involved data. If you are adding an atribute that was not already explicitly or implicitly in that view then your conceptual model is strictly speaking not correct.

  • Jan Hidders