Internet: request + transport = invariant

From: <html60_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 21:01:01 -0700

  We all are looped on Internet,
thus the most widespread transport protocol is HTTP, and the most general format for data is XML (XHTML). When we made

create table a (
  id num primary key,
  data float
);
create table b (

  id   num      primary key,
  ref  num      references a(id),

  data float
);
create table c (
  id   num      primary key,
  link num      references b(id),

  data float
);
insert into a values (1,     12.3);
insert into b values (10, 1, 23.4);
insert into b values (20, 1, 34.5);
insert into b values (30, 1, 45.6);
insert into c values (100,10,56.7);
insert into c values (101,10,67.8);
insert into c values (200,20,78.9);
insert into c values (201,20,89.1);
insert into c values (300,30,91.2);

we need simple request 'a.b.c' to get

<a     id=1   data=12.3>
  <b   id=10  data=23.4>

<c id=100 data=56.7/>
<c id=101 data=67.8/>

  </b>
  <b   id=20  data=34.5>

<c id=200 data=78.9/>
<c id=201 data=89.1/>

  </b>
  <b id=30 data=45.6>
<c id=200 data=91.2/>

  </b>
</a>

Request 'a.b.c' allow to avoid perl, php, etc both outside DBMS (as script) and inside DBMS (as embeded perl), that is very necessary for unskilled users!

Details are on:

http://sql40.chat.ru/site/sql40/en/author/introduction_eng.htm
http://sql40.chat.ru/site/sql40/en/author/determination_eng.htm
http://sql40.chat.ru/site/sql40/en/author/inout_eng.htm

User sends to remote database (HTTP will ask login):   c:/dir> xml2http.exe database.my.com username password a.xml for example
  c:/dir> dbf2xml.exe a.dbf | xml2http.exe database.my.com username password

User sends to local database (at transformation of data between DBMSs):

  c:/dir> xml2http.exe 127.0.0.1 username password a.xml for example
  c:/dir> dbf2xml.exe a.dbf | xml2http.exe 127.0.0.1 username password

Database sends to local file (at transformation of data between DBMSs):

  sql> copy a.b.c to filename.xml;
Database sends to remote database
(if fields username and password of table sys are equal null, then database sends as 'anonymous'):

  sql>     update sys set
             ral="database.remote.com",
             username="tomson",
             password="my_pwd";
  sql>     a.b.c ->;
or
  sql>     update sys set
             ran="101.102.103.104",
             username="tomson",
             password="my_pwd";
  sql>     a.b.c ->;
or if you prefer to export per table
  sql>     update sys set ral="database.remote.com";
  sql>     create view av as select * from a where ...
  sql>     create view bv as select * from b where ...
  sql>     create view cv as select * from c where ...
  sql>     av ->;
  sql>     bv ->;
  sql>     cv ->;

P.S.
Please, prompt me free e-mail service for newsgroups (i.e. i want to use SMTP/POP3 instead of NNTP or HTTP). If you can prompt, write me to sql40_at_narod.ru.

Dmitry Turin

HTML6     (6.3.0)  http://html6.by.ru
SQL4      (4.1.3)  http://sql40.chat.ru
Unicode2  (2.0.1)  http://unicode2.chat.ru