Re: A pk is *both* a physical and a logical object.

From: David Cressey <cressey73_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 11:18:46 GMT

"Brian Selzer" <brian_at_selzer-software.com> wrote in message news:44eri.25057$RX.13408_at_newssvr11.news.prodigy.net...

> I disagree totally. Keys can be the target of an update. Propositions
are
> not removed or replaced: they are assigned a different truth value. And
it
> is the referents of the propositions that bind them.

This is pretty much meaningless. Temperatures can be summed. That doesn't mean that the result is meaningful. If fact, one sums a collection of temperatures as an intermediate step in calculating the average temperature. While the sum of a collection of temperature has no meaning, the average does.

So, what does it mean when a key is updated? Received on Mon Jul 30 2007 - 13:18:46 CEST

Original text of this message