Re: Fabian Pascal, completely different?

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 22:35:54 GMT

Bruce C. Baker wrote:
> "paul c" <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac> wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>

>>Sorry for replying to a really off-topic thread, it's beyond me what the
>>database agenda behind the OP could have been.

> The OP wrote "I miss Fabian Pascal's criticism of the database industry, and
> contributions to clear thinking on the relational model, as dbdebunk.com has
> been silent for some time now.", which I think echoes the sentiments of
> most if not all of the readers of this NG.

Sorry, that doesn't help. I remain mystified as to what the dickens it has to do with non-db politics.

> Anyone here know how to contact FP? A word or two from him in re his change
> of direction would be most appreciated.

For several years he responded to emails and then stopped. Other people have noticed the same. Since he appears to be still in the land of the living, he must be either pre-occupied with other things or has lost interest in the db fooferah promoted by so many mystics and con artists.   Can't blame him. Now, can we get off this "change of direction" bafflegab?

p Received on Thu Jul 26 2007 - 00:35:54 CEST

Original text of this message