Re: Object-oriented SQL statements

From: JOG <jog_at_cs.nott.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 02:59:16 -0700

On Jul 24, 5:33 pm, Zorro <zor..._at_tx.rr.com> wrote:
> On Jul 23, 2:59 pm, JOG <j..._at_cs.nott.ac.uk> wrote:

> > > Good points, it looks like one has to re-invent the relops for oneself.
> > > Successful consultants usually see the financial advantage in that.
> > > Yet they say they have a happy marriage which confines them to the SQL
> > > standard. I predict divorce at some point. It also says they have a
> > > verifiable conceptual model. What does it mean to verify the conceptual
> > > model of SQL? Looks like they are just throwing words around, like most
> > > vendors, they might change all the words tomorrow and still sell the
> > > same product. The selling point might be that it would be just as
> > > coherent as it was yesterday, namely not at all. There seems to be no
> > > lack of buyers who consider that an advantage.
>
> > > Does the OP somehow qualify as SPAM, eg., the database equivalent of
> > > scientology?

> > I just wrote off the original post as spam as soon as I saw it. More
> > retro-grade rubbish. No wonder people like pascal just give up.- Hide quoted text -

> Well, I was looking for comments from experts who would also take a
> few minutes to evaluate the model. If you do not have the time, there
> is no need to say or do anything.
>
> Thanks just the same.
> Dr. Z.

I did give you comments. When I read:

"Generally, the purpose of executing the select statement is to receive a set of records from a database. An object-oriented approach to collecting a set of objects is to instantiate a container with the type of such records."

I decided it was retro-grade nonsense. If you don't like my assessment this is hardly my fault. I then offered you the further comment that it is this sort of thing that makes real experts such as f. pascal give up.

I would have found these very useful points for further research if it had been my work, but then i don't have anything to sell. Received on Wed Jul 25 2007 - 11:59:16 CEST

Original text of this message