Re: Object-oriented SQL statements

From: Zorro <zorabi_at_tx.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:22:46 -0700

On Jul 24, 2:38 pm, Cimode <cim..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 24 juil, 18:23, Zorro <zor..._at_tx.rr.com> wrote:

> > > LOL
>
> > > Skimmed over it. It doesn't support joins. You can only query one
> > > table at a time.
>
> > > This has become the first question I ask when I see a new
> > > approach: what does join support look like?
>
> > > Marshall
>
> > The list of name of tables is a comma-separated sequence. So it does
> > indeed support join.
>
> I do not see how a list of names separated by commas actually support
> joins...
>

> > Thanks for your comment.
> > Dr. Z.- Hide quoted text -

Well, the entire Z++ statement is transformed to its SQL equivalent. The article is very brief (or too short). The Z++ statement is supposed to be close enough to its SQL equivalent so one can see its SQL equivalent by ignoring an item or two. It seems that, at least from reading the article, this is not so at all. Well, that is nice to know and I appreciate your time. Regards,
Z. Received on Wed Jul 25 2007 - 01:22:46 CEST

Original text of this message