Re: At what ANSI/SPARC level are you, when creating new... totally lost

From: vldm10 <vldm10_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 15:13:48 -0700

On Jul 14, 10:20 am, kaja_love..._at_yahoo.com wrote:

> > > 3)
> > > What is the difference between model and scheme?
>
> > These terms are in this context usually used synonymously.
>
> > -- Jan Hidders
>
> And what is the difference between the two when used in some other
> database context ?
>
> thank you

If we are speaking about DB theory based on modern mathematics then a schema is kind of a language and a model is kind of a structure. We can say that structure A is a model for schema R in the sense that R is true in A.
Briefly, one particular database is a model for corressponding schema.
Above is related to "logical data model".

Vladimir Odrljin Received on Sun Jul 22 2007 - 17:13:48 CDT