Re: Fabian Pascal, completely different?

From: Bruce C. Baker <bcb_at_undisclosedlocation.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 21:28:15 -0500

"paul c" <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac> wrote in message news:VDTni.130692$xq1.19454_at_pd7urf1no...
> Paul Mansour wrote:
>> I miss Fabian Pascal's criticism of the database industry, and
>> contributions to clear thinking on the relational model, as
>> dbdebunk.com has been silent for some time now. I noticed recently,
>> however, that he is posting (though not writing) on his other passion
>> on a new site:
>>
>> http://fallofknowledgeandreason.blogspot.com/
>>
>> Interestingly (and, to me, unobjectionably) he seems to have done a
>> 180 degree turn in an extremely short time period - so short that I
>> suspect that it is not unrelated to the silence on dbdebunk.
>>
>> I hope he doesn't have a similar conversion with respect to database
>> theory and start promoting XML.
>>

> I miss them too and glad he's kept the dbdebunk archive online but I
> wouldn't fault him if he forsook the db stuff for his own sake, after
> seeing all the crap that various db illiterates, mystics and S-O salesmen
> have thrown at him. He was very patient about some stupid emails I sent
> him several times. I couldn't figure out much from going to the link
> because it all seemed to have been written by other people - what do you
> mean by 180 degrees?
>
> thanks,

To perhaps excessively over-simplify, FP's political postings in dbdebunk.com had a decidedly leftist/liberal/anti-GWB slant, while the postings on http://fallofknowledgeandreason.blogspot.com/ seem to be diametrically the opposite.

If there's a statement on blogsdpot.com that declares that it is in fact FP's blog, I can't seem to find it. Could it be that FP has decided that if you can't lick 'em, join 'em? :-) Received on Thu Jul 19 2007 - 21:28:15 CDT