I still don't understand whether the term data model...

From: <kaja_love160_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 07:11:00 -0700

hello

1)
I still don't understand whether term data model (or data model instance) refers to mechanism ( implemented as software ) that defines what kind of structures ( tables, relationships etc ) system administrator can create using SQL statements, or does the term refer to actual structures the system administrator created using SQL statements?

For example, say I create ( in relational database ) a new database consisting of one ( or more) table. Now does term logical data model refer to this very table I created, or does the term relate to mechanism that defines what kind of structures ( in relational DB , for example, this mechanism allows table structures ) we can create and what kind of connections we can establish between these tables?

2)
And how does a scheme fit into all of this?

thank you Received on Thu Jul 19 2007 - 09:11:00 CDT