Re: question using aggregate function

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 03:28:27 GMT

Bob Badour wrote:

> paul c wrote:
>

>> David Portas wrote:
>>
>>> "Mia" <nospam_at_cox.net> wrote in message

>>> Have you thought about using a correlated subquery?
>>

>> No offence to David P who knows much more about SQL than I do and
>> plenty else too I think, but somehow I can't imagine Codd talking
>> about correlated subqueries. Don't know if he would have shuddered at
>> the term, but I do. I guess in most fields, lingo eventually passes
>> understanding.
>

> Are you suggesting he would have found ALL or ANY or EXISTS foreign
> concepts?

i'm pretty sure that was a rhetorical question, but i'll sort-of bite anyway. I wonder what the heck do people who learned English as a second language think of these terms (which seem fundamental to me, not because I'm objective but because I'm used to them, so my thoughts may well be distorted by my upbringing and haven't yet learned how to compare them to the other themes that Codd involved in his idea, information principle and so forth).

p Received on Wed Jul 18 2007 - 05:28:27 CEST

Original text of this message