Re: A pk is *both* a physical and a logical object.

From: Jan Hidders <hidders_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 21:25:51 -0000

On 13 jul, 17:30, Gene Wirchenko <ge..._at_ocis.net> wrote:
> Jan Hidders <hidd..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> >> It was a stronger claim. It takes but one weasel to confuse
> >> conmmunication. (Just try reading what some marketroids put out.)
>
> >Are you sure you are not deliberately misunderstanding me? ;-)
>
> To answer seriously (Get that emoticon out of the way!):
>
> ". . . both sides are . . ." is a stronger statement than ". . .
> either side is . . .".

That is only the premise of the claim. The claim itself is an implication, i.e., of the form "if A then B", and an implication becomes a weaker statement if the premise, "A", gets stronger. So that's why I wrote that the claim that I made is weaker than what you suggested.

> Try talking to someone who is deliberately trying to sabotage the
> communication. You are trying to communicate effectively. The other
> person is not. What is the effect on communication? Negative.

Indeed. You probably understand by now that I never disagreed with that.

  • Jan Hidders