Re: Career questions: databases

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 23:29:41 -0300

Bruce C. Baker wrote:

> "Bob Badour" <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>

>>Bruce C. Baker wrote:
>>
>>>"Bob Badour" <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

>>>Quite right, Bob; I forgot Japan. BUT, can you name another non-European
>>>country that has adopted western ways so well?
>>
>>China now that Mao's stupidity is over.
>
> They're on the right path economically; Politically, they haven't even
> /found/ the path.,

We have plenty of examples to show us that western democracy is not required for making successful societies who can cooperate on a massive scale and for mutual benefit.

The ruins of the world have cultures that conflict with creating fully functioning nation states. See, um, what's his face on consanguineous marriage... Stanley, um, Kurtz is it?

Tribal affiliation interferes with any sense of civic duty or national pride. Received on Tue Jul 03 2007 - 04:29:41 CEST

Original text of this message