Re: Career questions: databases

From: Neil <nospam_at_nospam.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 19:03:23 -0500

"dreamznatcher" <tashfeenmahmud_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1183420358.658559.188790_at_e9g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
> On Jul 3, 5:17 am, "Neil" <nos..._at_nospam.net> wrote:
>
>> Believe it or not, I do. What you don't seem to realize is that my
>> comment
>> was a joke. Did you notice the poor grammar in my note? It was intended
>> be tongue-in-cheek.
>
> Okay Neil, I'm sorry, maybe this thread has got my sense of humor
> screwed.

No problem. DAM didn't get my humor either. Maybe I need to work on my delivery. Programmers are a tough audience!

"So these two atoms are walking down the street, and one of them says, 'Hey, I lost an electron!' The other one says, 'Are you sure??' and the first one says, 'Yeah, I'm positive!'"

> Maybe, maybe not. You should read our history too, but perhaps
> (judging from your timely gasps) you think that a third-world country
> with a 3000-year old history of civilization is still only a third-
> world country. Note: Bangladeshis discovered China a long time before
> the Europeans. We gave the world the Buddha, who was a citizen of what
> was ancient Bengal (Pancha Gouda), supplied the West with spices and
> jewels and jute for centuries, and our current most famous export
> today would be micro-credit. Never mind.

OK.

>> Wow, you sound like you need to take your medication or
>> something.........
> I'm sure many would agree that I'm not the only one.

Ouch!

>> All I said was that we saved their asses in World War II, so they owe it
>> us to speak English the proper way -- the American way! -- and not in
>> some
>> outdated British way. Who said anything about Iraq and whatnot??......
>
> All I'm saying is you have a right to speak English in the American
> way or in any way you might consider proper! Not because you saved
> their or anyone's asses in some-yesteryear, dammit!

No, we saved their asses, and so they OWE it to us to speak English our way, not in some outdated way!

(See, there's that tongue in the cheek again. You gotta look for it.)

Neil