Re: Career questions: databases

From: dreamznatcher <tashfeenmahmud_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 23:29:10 -0000

On Jul 3, 5:04 am, Bob Badour <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:
> dreamznatcher wrote:
> > On Jul 3, 3:44 am, "Neil" <nos..._at_nospam.net> wrote:
>
> >>Two points.
>
> >>One, we're not living in Shakespeare's day anymore, so get over it.
>
> > You obviously have no idea of the impact Shakespeare has had on the
> > English language, and the many idioms and phrases and metaphors which
> > he created that are still commonly being used today, by American
> > English speakers and British English speakers alike, and just about by
> > any anyone on any part of the globe speaking English.
>
> >>And two, Brits don't know nothing. If they did, then they wouldn't have lost
> >>their world empire, and wouldn't have needed us to bail them out in WWII.
>
> > Let's take that discussion further.
> > Wherever the white man goes, everything is left is ruins. Starting
> > from the colonial times and following to the present day, consider
> > reading the histories of the Indian subcontinent, South America,
> > Africa, the Middle East, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, with perhaps Iran
> > and Venezuela to follow. And let's not even talk about the Red
> > Indians.
>
> Are you suggesting that none of these places were ruins by modern
> standards before Europeans arrived? Are you suggesting that Canada, the
> USA, Australia, New Zealand and Japan are ruins?

Please read the para I wrote after that. And if you've read my whole post you'll realize I'm not the one who's racist or something.

As for your question, well, as for the places I mentioned, according to recorded history (visit a library or something) yeah, they were not in ruins. Up to you to find out.

No, Canada, the USA, Australia, New Zealand and Japan are not in ruins. But of the places I mentioned and the fates they have faced, once again, please consult a decent library. Received on Tue Jul 03 2007 - 01:29:10 CEST

Original text of this message