Re: Career questions: databases

From: dreamznatcher <tashfeenmahmud_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 03:13:03 -0700

On Jul 2, 5:23 am, "Neil" <nos..._at_nospam.net> wrote:

> Look, you're dealing with a bunch of techno-nerds here. Anything's possible.
> We can take the smallest point and turn it into a major discussion. It's
> kind of what we do (focus on little details and make sure they're accurate).
> If we didn't focus unduly on little details, well, most software wouldn't
> run.

You think I haven't realized that already? :)

> I think the point was that some felt that you were full of cow excrement for
> putting those things on your resume. So, the question is: at what point can
> one put things on one's resume? Does one have to be expert in a technology
> in order to put it on one's resume? Or does a proficiency in some areas of a
> technology warrant putting it on one's resume?

I don't care to what extent others might stoop to and it's clearly not my problem. I have questions and I'll try my best to get my answers. I'm not here to make friends with people so that they'll invite me over for a cup of tea. Since most people around here are more bothered with levels of proficiency and who the upstart I might be, here's the questions again:

Fact: I can draw any ERD you'll ask me to, and fast. Questions: What should I do with this ability? What should I specifically learn? What job might
this ability get me?

And yes, consider me a novice, amateur, intermediate, proficient, expert.. whatever that might please you. But those (aforementioned) the fact and questions I'm putting up.

>>(okay, I'll buy it but I don't have a credit card
>>so even if I had the money it would still be
>> unattainable)
>
> Open a PayPal account. Then you can obtain it.

Read: "even if I had the money". I.e., I don't. Sorry to disappoint in so many areas.

> So much is on the web these days. And with Google Books, it's just growing
> by the minute.

Sure, but you should come and checkout the bandwidth over here. Again, sorry to disappoint. With so many drawbacks I'm mentioning, and with the persistence that I am consistently asking the questions only prove: I'm desperate, I really want to find my line. Might no seem a complex problem to many, but for me it's an issue that might turn around my life.

> A word of advice: I hope you can code more succinctly than you write! (Just
> kidding.....)

Nah, I don't, unfortunately. I have 3 books and over hundreds of articles published.
Thanks for responding. Received on Mon Jul 02 2007 - 12:13:03 CEST

Original text of this message