Re: Career questions: databases

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 01:53:41 -0700

On 1 juil, 01:05, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> Bob Badour wrote:
> > He also said the above is a long list of technologies that nobody could
> > learn. I suspect he is mentally retarded and doesn't realize it yet so
> > he assumes everybody else is too.
>
> Are you willing to stand up in front of an audience of 200+ developers
> and DBAs, averaging 7.5 years of experience, and field live questions
> on just one of those products: The Oracle 10g database?
If that's what is supposed to be the new climax of *database education*: being able to answer tons of question about one specific product? Fabian PASCAL was right, product training is slowly but surely replacing education in the western hemisphere.

It's fun to observe that the new climax of database higher learning has became *all* but database theory : communication and product specific knowledge. Received on Sun Jul 01 2007 - 03:53:41 CDT