Re: Implement my own in-memory database

From: Sune <sune_ahlgren_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 18:46:17 -0700

> Gray and Reuter's book on Transaction Processing is one reference that
> many people admire for dealing precisely with many of the implementation
> problems but it should be mentioned that Gray was not a logical db guy.
> Even before that book he was considered a walking bible on
> concurrency.

Ah, this is what I need (I hope ;-)

 Another reference is a researcher at microsoft, I forget
> his name but it starts with "L", he used to be a mainframe guy - if you
> search research.microsoft.com or somesuch you'll probably see papers of
> his about latency.

Good to know.

> Good luck,

Once you get started with some reading materials you can usually go from reference to reference and be more precise in the information gathering.

Thanks a lot.

/Sune Received on Thu Jun 28 2007 - 03:46:17 CEST

Original text of this message