Re: Implement my own in-memory database

From: Paul <paul_at_see.my.sig.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:22:04 +0100

Sune <sune_ahlgren_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> I want to implement my own in-memory database. However, I lack
> detailed knowledge about the inner workings of a database, such as
> page indexing, dirty page schemes, transaction log schemes, different
> ways of checkpointing and so on.

Look here

http://linuxfinances.info/info/rdbmssql.html

there is a *_TRUCKLOAD_* of rdbms/sql implementations out there - unless you're doing this as a learning exercise, then I suggest you look here at the free implementations of in memory dbs.

Paul...

--

plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__

XP Pro, SP 2,

Oracle, 10.2.0.1 (Express Edition)
Interbase 6.0.2.0;

When asking database related questions, please give other posters
some clues, like operating system, version of db being used and DDL.
The exact text and/or number of error messages is useful (!= "it didn't work!").
Thanks.

Furthermore, as a courtesy to those who spend
time analysing and attempting to help, please
do not top post.