Re: completeness of the relational lattice

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 16:32:27 -0000

Expanding a bit...

On Jun 22, 8:57 am, Marshall <marshall.spi..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> 11 is more problematic, not only because of its infinity of
> infinities, but also because its infinities are "contagious."

(Note that 10 doesn't have any contagions.)

The one loss if we leave out 11 is the fundamental decomposition identity. However, it hasn't been established yet that there's anything we can do with it that we can't do without it. We may also be able to still find it useful without bringing it in to the formal system. That is, it can show us what to look for.

Marshall Received on Fri Jun 22 2007 - 11:32:27 CDT