Re: Smart Database Tricks

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 09:25:25 -0300

Jan Hidders wrote:

> On 22 jun, 01:36, Bob Badour <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>

>>Jan Hidders wrote:

>>[snip]

>>>It's a column of a relation. Conceptually it represent the role in the
>>>predicate that is represented by the relation.
>>
>>Is an attribute a predicate variable of some sort?
>
> As in "the x in predicate P(x, y) "? Yes, I'd say that is the same
> thing.

I thought so. When one writes a query and requests certain attributes, would those requested attributes be free variables in a logic sense?

When one uses an attribute in a restrict condition or join condition, would that attribute be a bound variable in a logic sense? Received on Fri Jun 22 2007 - 07:25:25 CDT