Re: TRUE and FALSE values in the relational lattice

From: Jan Hidders <hidders_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 23:33:23 -0000

On 21 jun, 19:26, Vadim Tropashko <vadimtro_inva..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Single tuple element is a relation R such that
>
> R /\ 00 != R
>
> and there is no relation X such that
>
> R < X < R /\ 00
>
> where the "<" operation is understood to be the strict lattice order:
> "greater than (and not equal)"

Perhaps this was already clear, but I would like to emphasize that I'm first and mostly interested in a simple axiomatization with only simple equations without preconditions and no inequalities. I really think we should try that first, and only if that cannot work move on to more complex types of axiomatizations. Keeping things as simple as possible is essential at this stage.

So, Vadim, do you already have an idea to obtain completeness for the fragment with E+[H]?