Re: TRUE and FALSE values in the relational lattice

From: Jan Hidders <hidders_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 23:18:34 -0000

On 21 jun, 19:26, Vadim Tropashko <vadimtro_inva..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Single tuple element is a relation R such that
>
> R /\ 00 != R
>
> and there is no relation X such that
>
> R < X < R /\ 00
>
> where the "<" operation is understood to be the strict lattice order:
> "greater than (and not equal)"

Extra point I forgot to mention. Maybe this was already clear but I would first like to try to get a simple axiomatization with simple equations without preconditions and no inequalities. It is of the utmost importance that we study the simple things first and not make things more complicated unless we really have to.

So, Vadim, do you already have an idea how we might obtain completeness for the next fragment with E+[H]?