Re: Hierarchical query

From: Aloha Kakuikanu <aloha.kakuikanu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:32:42 -0000

On Jun 14, 10:14 am, Jan Hidders <hidd..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14 jun, 19:54, Vadim Tropashko <vadimtro_inva..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > ?? How does one query a set of strings in a "pure language setting"?
> > > Of course you might select certain strings from the set with something
> > > that accepts strings from a certain language, but that is clearly
> > > inadequate because you cannot take the "context" of the node into
> > > account.
>
> > And what the node's "context" would be?
>
> The nodes around it, the preceding siblings, the following sibling, et
> cetera. How do I ask for an "a" node that is immediately preceded by a
> "b" node?

No you don't need that many, only two. One is the absolute position of the node in the hierarchy, for example path, or 4 integers corresponding to the matrix encoding. The second one is the node payload -- grammar token in this case. They have completely different structure, so I'm most likely wrong expecting to be able to operate a single attribute. Received on Thu Jun 14 2007 - 20:32:42 CEST

Original text of this message