Re: delete cascade

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 21:25:25 GMT

Bob Badour wrote:
> paul c wrote:

>>> I understand how it expresses the constraint. What does that have to
>>> do with cascading, though?
>>

>> It would prevent the deletion of invoice 99 and thus any cascade
>> unless there were no items for invoice 99.  (assuming a system that
>> always cascades deletions, ie., one that has no "cascade" keyword.)

> If it prevents deletion, it doesn't "always cascade deletes". I really
> don't have a clue what you are trying to say. It doesn't make any sense
> to me whatsoever.

Oh, alright Bob, if you want to be that way, it always cascades when it deletes! (I feel as if I'm attending a council meeting, the one Date mentioned where they spent some time how to say that a dog in a park must be leashed.)

Don't mind my exasperation, I'm grateful for the comments.

p Received on Tue Apr 17 2007 - 16:25:25 CDT