Re: Is it possible to use a database though any high-level API?

From: <beachmountain_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Apr 2007 00:47:13 -0700

Thank you so much for your answers, I highly appreciate them. I do not want to find out later that I was trying to reinvent a square wheel, and am glad that your input has indicated that I may be way off in my thinking.

Do any of you have the time to point me in the right direction by advising any book or article as a starting point?

I do want the guaranteed integrity and relational computations offered by databases. But my highest concerns are flexibility and extensibility. Is it not impossible/unwise to create an application where changes and extensions to the bussiness model are automatically reflected in the the database part of the application? Which methods/ technologies should I (if possible/recommended) look into to achive this?

If objects are for GUIs, and the database is relational, what should I use for the business model to translate between the two of them?

A little knowledge is indeed a dangerous thing, but I am trying to drink deep to get as sober as possible =)

Thanks again for your help,
/Fredrik Received on Fri Apr 13 2007 - 02:47:13 CDT